HealthCare California is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people in the Fresno area and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA, UT, AZ, and OR. With 12 Medicare Certified agencies, 14 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
As a speech pathologist/therapist with Crossroads, you will be providing in-home therapy for patients. In this role, responsibilities include assessing, diagnosing, treating, and helping to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients. Our ideal candidate will be skilled, compassionate and devoted ST/SP with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Coverage Area and Availability: This is a Monday – Friday per diem position covering the Fresno/Merced area.
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks, or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
- Complete effective and precise charting
- Current Speech Pathology license
- BLS/CPR certified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Home care experience preferred
- Valid driver's license and insurance
HealthCare California offers competitive compensation and benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve.
Job Type: Per-Diem, INP0