Job Title/Position: Volunteer
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The volunteer provides patient care and support services according to his/her experience and training and in compliance with organization policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as an integral member of the interdisciplinary group amid various settings: home care; respite; inpatient, bereavement and/or administrative; office duties.
2. Participates in general orientation.
3. Serves the patient and family/caregiver under guidance of Volunteer Coordinator and Case Manager or as a part of the administrative team.
4. Serves as substitute family/caregiver in the home performing activities that the volunteer has been prepared for and has agreed to perform. The volunteer may do homemaker chores, run errands, and provide respite care as well.
5. Documents as educated and instructed maintaining confidentiality.
6. Meets all health requirements set by Crossroads Home Health & Hospice.
7. Provides availability on a regular basis and/or keeping with the patient and family/caregiver needs.
8. Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational inservices.
9. Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
10. Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
11. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
12. Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings, as appropriate.
1. Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
2. Successful completion of the hospice’s volunteer training and orientation program.
3. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful.
4. Ability to work within the interdisciplinary group.
5. If making home visits, must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.