Healthcare California is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA, UT, AZ, and OR. With 11 Medicare Certified agencies, 12 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
The core mission of the Spiritual Support Counselor/Chaplain is to provide spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers, either directly or indirectly, to meet individual spiritual needs and to help facilitate coping with end-of-life issues.
Coverage Area and Availability:
We are seeking a candidate who is able to visit our patients in the Visalia area and is available for PRN work, Saturday – Sunday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (flexible).
Our Spiritual Counselors/Chaplains provide 5-star patient care and experiences, train and mentor others, and participate in agency programs to enhance clinical quality and compliance. With these accountabilities in mind, the Spiritual Counselor/Chaplain meets the following metrics:
- Holds a quarterly grief support group or other agency activity
- Assures patients/family clearly understands the care plan, schedule, and goals of care
- Establishes and updates the POC, provides care based on the physician-ordered POC
- Frequent patient/family compliments and minimal patient complaints
- Supervises spiritual care volunteers when assigned patients, families, and/or caregivers
- Participates in training/mentoring programs
- Utilizes WellSky EMR
- Keeps Employee HR files up to date: Submits information for HR on time, maintains updates skills, and competencies
- Submits documentation within 24 hours of all visits
- Attends IDG/clinical meetings and participates on committees, as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community/local resources
- Team player; works well within a team
- Reliable and accountable
- Keen assessment/observation skills and problem-solving skills
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Expert listener, able to work through an issue and provide support
- Spiritual Care related Master's Degree, Clinical Pastoral Education, or Hospice Spiritual Counselor Education preferred
- Certified/ordained to minister
- Letter of endorsement for chaplaincy from a recognized faith group
- One Year or more of relevant spiritual care experience, preferably in a medical/hospice setting
- Current CPR certificate
- Willing/able to successfully pass background check
- Must have valid driver license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Willing to comply with health screening and immunization requirements
Why Work With Us?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "This is the best job I've ever had!" (and many do). As part of that, HealthCare California offers competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work schedules and excellent team dynamics.
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great . . . We're excited to meet you!