We are on a MISSON!
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is on a mission to inspire the best in people, situations, and communities with every interaction. Our vision is to bring together the best people, practices, and ideas to set the standard for healthcare in the home. We are guided by our core values of team oriented, results fuel the mission, assume the best, impact authentic, and turn work into service. If this resonates with you, we encourage you to learn more below.
About the Position
As a speech language pathologist/therapist with Crossroads, you will be providing in-home therapy for patients. In this role, responsibilities include assessing, diagnosing, treating, and helping to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients. Our ideal candidate will be skilled, compassionate and devoted ST with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Coverage Area and Availability: This is a Monday – Friday full time position covering the greater Oakland area.
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks, or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
- Complete effective and precise charting
- Current Speech Therapy license
- BLS/CPR certified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Home care experience preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license and insurance
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is part of the Impact Healthcare family that currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA, AZ, and UT. With 12 Medicare Certified agencies, 13 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
At Crossroads, you can expect a great team environment with an engaged, supportive, and personable management team. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve.
Job Type: Full Time