A Plus Healthcare at Home is seeking a compassionate and skilled MSW with knowledge of hospice/end of life care. A Plus prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
We are seeking a candidates who is able to visit our patients in the Weber Davis area.
- Initial needs assessments in homes, ALFs and SNFs
- Provide on-going psycho-social support/relationship building for patients & loved ones
- Participate in goals of care, advance directive & POLST conversations
- Provide education to patients & loved ones regarding End-of-Life care and planning
- Connect families to community resources
- Participate in ordering equipment & supplies for patients
- Work with partner organizations to find placement for patients requiring different levels of care
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings weekly and update plans of care
- Facilitate grief support groups and provide bereavement counseling as needed
- Build relationships with community resources and organizations to expand our network of support
- Master of Social Work degree preferred from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- BLS/CPR certified
- Minimum of 1 year acute care, 1 year of home health and/or hospice experience preferred
- Previous palliative care experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and hospice conditions
- Evaluate the mental, emotional and physical status of patients
- Provide bereavement counseling services to families
- Understanding of federal, state and local healthcare standards and regulations
Why Work with A Plus Healthcare at Home?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion, "This is the best job I've ever had!" (and many do). As part of that, A Plus offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- PTO and vacation time
- Flexible work schedule – we value our team and their needs
- Excellent team dynamics
- Professional growth opportunity
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great. . .We're excited to meet you!