Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people in the Merced and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA, UT, AZ, and OR. With 12 Medicare Certified agencies, 14 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
As a Medical Social Worker with home health, you will be responsible for helping patients & their loved ones.
This role is a blend of care coordination within the organization and community, emotional/psycho-social support, support for families and relationship building with community referral sources. In this role, you will provide direct care to the patients and their families through counseling and education regarding their illness, participate in treatment plan development, arrange for in-home caregivers, equipment and use therapeutic communication to ease distress and support healthy relationships.
Coverage Area and Availability:
We are seeking a candidate who is able to visit our patients in the East Bay area and is available for approximately 5 – 8 visits per week (flexible schedule).
- Initial needs assessments in homes, ALFs, SNFs, Board & Cares
- Provide on-going psycho-social support/relationship building for patients & loved ones
- Participate in goals of care conversations
- Provide education to patients & loved ones
- Connect families to community resources
- Participate in ordering equipment & supplies for patients
- Work with partner organizations to find placement for patients requiring different levels of care
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings weekly and update plans of care
- Build relationships with community resources and organizations to expand our network of support
- Current California MSW license
- Master of Social Work degree required from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- BLS/CPR certified
- Minimum of 1 year acute care, 1 year of home health and/or hospice experience
- Strong oral and written communication
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to collaborate with various healthcare representatives and agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly team-oriented
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and hospice conditions
- Evaluate the mental, emotional and physical status of patients
- Understanding of federal, state and local healthcare standards and regulations
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records
Why Work with Us?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion, "This is the best job I've ever had!" (and many do). We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great. . .We're excited to meet you!
Job Type: Per Diem, INP0