Crossroads Home Health & Hospice is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people in the San Francisco Bay Area and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA and UT. With 11 Medicare Certified agencies, 12 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
We seek a skilled LVN to join our amazing and expanding team! As an on-call LVN or RN with Crossroads, you will provide care and support to patients during their final stages of life. You will also help support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have profound knowledge and skills in caring for the terminally ill. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to educate families, provide care aligned with patient’s values, and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position. Our purpose is to improve our patients' quality of life during their final days with dignity, comfort, and support.
Coverage and Availability:
We are looking for an on-call triage LVN with a rotating evenings/weekends schedule.
We're available 24/7 for our patients while creating work/life balance for our team and are looking for someone to help cover our after-hours.
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (i.e., blood draws, symptom visits, wound care, etc.)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (RN, MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers)
- Timely charting of all visits
- Work closely with collaborating RN case manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Registered Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in home health and/or hospice
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual (Cantonese, preferred) a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- HPNA certification a plus
Why Work with Crossroads?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). As part of that, Crossroads Home Health and Hospice offers competitive compensation and benefits. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great in San Francisco … We're excited to meet you!