Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) – Home Health and Hospice – Fresno/South Valley, CA
HealthCare California is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people in the Fresno/South Valley, CA area and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA and UT. With 11 Medicare Certified agencies, 12 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
We seek a skilled field Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our amazing and expanding team! As an LVN with HealthCare California, you will provide care and support to patients during times of illness or injury. You will also provide care and support to patients during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have knowledge and skill in supporting patients as they recover from acute illness and during the hospice stages. This includes direct patient care, educating families, providing care aligned with patient’s values, and providing support for patients and families. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills who possesses a thorough understanding of the home health and hospice process and care.
Position Availability and Area Coverage:
We are seeking a candidate who is available for full-time work, Monday – Friday, with some weekends as needed, and is able to visit our patients in the Fresno and South Valley, CA area.
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care etc.)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (RN, MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers)
- Timely charting of all visits
- Work closely with collaborating RN case manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California LVN license and CPR certification
- One year of nursing experience
- Minimum 1 year experience specifically in home health and/or hospice
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Compassionate, professional, responsible
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance
- Bilingual a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- Valid CA driver's license
- Current CPR certification and current professional certification.
Why work with HealthCare California?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "This is the best job I've ever had!" (and many do).
As part of that, HealthCare California offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- PTO and vacation time
- Flexible work schedule – we value our team and their needs
- Excellent team dynamics
- Professional growth opportunity
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great . . . We're excited to meet you!
Job Type: Full Time