Forest Park Hospice is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA, UT, AZ, and OR. With 11 Medicare Certified agencies, 12 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
The core mission of the Hospice Registered Nurse is to ensure patients and their families have support with end-of-life care that allows people to experience end-of-life on their own terms with minimal pain. They accomplish this by planning, organizing, and directing the hospice care services. She or he has a heart for hospice and builds from the resources of the community + team to plan and direct care that meets the specific needs and goals of individual patients and families within their home and community.
Coverage Area and Availability:
We are seeking a candidate who is able to visit our patients in the Portland Metro and surrounding areas and is available for FT work, Monday-Friday
Accountabilities and Metrics:
Our Hospice Registered Nurses provide 5-star patient care and experiences, train and mentor others, and participate in agency programs to enhance clinical quality and ensure compliance. With these accountabilities in mind, the Hospice Registered Nurse is capable of meeting the following metrics:
- Patient clearly understands the plan, schedule, and goals of care
- Patient satisfaction scores exceed national averages for willingness to recommend and overall rating of care
- All patients have established POC w/in 5 days that is documented in the EMR
- Attends IDG prepared to collaborate
- 7/7 HIS measures meet or exceed national average
- Utilization in last 7 days of life meets or exceeds national average
- Frequent patient/family compliments and minimal patient complaints
- No missed visits
- Actively supervises aide and LVNs according to State and Federal guidelines
- Willingly participates in mentoring programs including ride-alongs, aide skills pass off, and continuing education
- Utilizes EMR, Pharmacy, DME, supply programs according to best practices
- Ensures personal employee file is kept up-to-date
- Actively participates in clinical training and committees
- Consistently submits documentation within 24 hours and hits productivity expectations
- Keen assessment & symptom management skills
- Compassion + confidence with end-of-life care
- Excellent communication w/natural customer service
- Great planning and organization skills
- Pride in caring for others according to their needs
- Collaborative team player
- Unflinching focus on patient satisfaction and quality
- Able to “paint the picture” w/efficient documentation
- Must possess a current OR Registered Nurse license
- One year of nursing experience (1+ year of hospice experience preferred)
- Current CPR certificate
- Willing/able to successfully pass background check
- Must have valid driver license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Willing to comply with health screening and immunization requirements
Why Work With Us?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "This is the best job I've ever had!" (and many do). As part of that, HealthCare California offers competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work schedules and excellent team dynamics.
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great . . . We're excited to meet you!