Are you looking to join a fantastic healthcare team that cares about each other and their patients?
Impact Healthcare is looking for a Medical Biller to join an extraordinary support team! In 2016 Impact Healthcare created a "Support Team" in Lindon UT to support the Quality Assurance, Authorizations, Medical Records, Accounting, Payroll, and Accounts Payable for it's Home Health & Hospice operations in Utah and California. We strive to have a positive impact on the teams we support, the patients we take care of, and the healthcare industry in our communities.
Our ideal candidate is team-oriented and driven to work autonomously from home or the office. Our Medical Biller must understand the medical billing code and have excellent phone / txt / email communication with the team and insurance companies.
The Support Team Medical Biller's role is to bill Medicare and commercial insurance payers timely and accurately.
The Support Team Medical Biller has the following responsibilities:
- Bill each insurance company based on their contracted rates
- Collaborate with other team members to help track and timely follow up on all denied claims
- Work directly with the patient to bill any patient responsibility and answer their questions
- Collaborate with Support team during weekly teleconference (and as needed throughout the week) on progress of billing and collections
- Must have a focus on quality and an attention to detail
- Good documentation and simple math skills
- Problem solving mentality
- Willingness / ability to use electronic medical record system, online insurance portals, and billing software
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently from home
- Home health billing and/or insurance experience preferred, but not required