Crossroads Healthcare at Home is looking for a Director of Patient Care Services for Home Health to join our amazing team in Bay Area, CA! The Director of Patient Care Services is responsible for the overall direction of home health clinical services. The Director of Patient Care Services establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. The Director of Patient Care Services also serves as the Clinical Manager for the purposes of meeting the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
About the Position
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical personnel.
- Works to continually improve all aspects of home health care services.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel.
- As part of the management team, participates in the strategic planning for the agency.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Evaluates performance of the home health clinical staff.
- Develops skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates home health personnel.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Assures quality and safe delivery of home health services provided through the agency.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description and will be required to fill in on an on-call basis when the department is short-staffed.
- Registered nurse with current license to practice professional nursing in California
- A degree in Medicine or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Master’s degree in health care preferred.
- Ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel demonstrated by a minimum of 3 years of direct supervisory experience in a hospice, home health, or related health care organization.
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
- Has been oriented to the Executive Director/Administrator job responsibilities
Why Work with Crossroads?
Crossroads Healthcare at Home is part of the Impact Healthcare family, a healthcare organization headquartered in Orem, Utah, comprised of home health and hospice agencies operating out of Northern, Central and Southern California, as well as in parts of Utah. Impact prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team working in company that is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one.
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). As part of that, Impact Healthcare offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- PTO and vacation
- Flexible work schedules
- Excellent team dynamics
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great. We're excited to meet you!