Crossroads Healthcare at Home is committed to creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people in the San Francisco and East Bay area and is an Impact Healthcare Agency. Impact Healthcare currently provides Home Healthcare and end-of-life Hospice Care to 1,500 patients throughout CA, UT, AZ, and OR. With 12 Medicare Certified agencies, 14 locations, and a great support team, Impact Healthcare is positioned with the strength of a large organization, but the heart of a small one. We believe in finding, enjoying, and achieving a better way as we strive every day to be the employer and provider of choice in the communities we serve.
About the Position
As a hospice bereavement and volunteer coordinator, your primary responsibility is to provide support to families who have a loved one in hospice or have lost a loved one who was under hospice care and address all inquiries, requests, and referrals for grief support. You will plan, implement, and maintain a Bereavement program to meet the needs of families/caregivers from Crossroads Hospice for up to one year following the death of the individual hospice patient. You will be responsible for planning, recruiting, coordinating, and managing all volunteer program activities in the organization.
We seek a candidate in the San Francisco/East Bay area who is available to work part time, Monday through Friday.
- Conduct/document bereavement client assessments and determine appropriate services
- Establish and maintain client and community relationships
- Provide information to individuals and community groups about hospice volunteer services
- Coordinate with care team and report client status
- Assist with volunteer training/orientation program and staff education
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers
- Attend interdisciplinary group meetings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent theological degree from college or university and experience with families/caregivers and patients through death/dying
– OR – Master's degree in social work with qualifications of experienced clinical grief counseling
- Experience in coordinating programs/services
- Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice care philosophy, death, grief, and bereavement
- Understanding of grief response and experience with counseling individuals and/or in groups regarding loss
- Demonstrated compassionate leadership skills and socialization skills
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer hospice personnel for both patient and organizational needs
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer time and who will be considered employees
- Excellent listening, assessment, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication and organization skills
- Valid CA driver's license
Why work with us?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "This is the best job I've ever had!" (and many do). We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve.
Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great . . . We're excited to meet you!
Job Type: Part Time